CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hey, I Know That Tattoo!

Last night I was out with my girlfriends and ran into someone who randomly bought my friend and me drinks two years ago spotted us on the basis of my tattoo.

Creepy? A little!


Since I got my back piece, black eagle wing tattoo,
about two and a half years ago I’ve always loved
showing it off. But recent actions have made think a little deeper about having such a big, identifiable
tattoo.

I’ve come up with a couple pros and cons of having a distinguished tattoo:

  • If someone changes physically, you can still pinpoint them in a crowd.

  • If found as unconscious or dead, your body could be easily identified. Morbid, but true! Not only have I seen this on CSI, but there are several programs available for tattooing pets for identification.

  • It’s typical to get a lot of interesting comments about your artwork.

  • It could affect some future job functions and wardrobe decisions.

  • Despite its rarity, prior to getting an MRI it wouldn’t be a bad idea to inform your doctor about large amounts of ink.

Overall, I wouldn’t change getting my tattoo for the world. Despite my complaints, I don’t mind the attention my tattoo occasionally brings.

Like most people, I just like being in charge of the amount and degree of attention. But like life, you can’t always get what you want.

So until next time,

Think twice. Ink once.



Related Articles:

http://www.tattoo-a-pet.com/

MSNBC: Body Identified As Chipley

0 comments: